SERVE THE WORLD
SVOP is a group of people from all walks of life who are daily being transformed by Jesus Christ. Every week, we join together to worship God and to experience a relevant and powerful message which teaches truths from the Bible. We are passionate about sharing the love of Christ and impacting our communities by following three main threads: Love God, Love Others and Serve the World! We believe that by doing so, we are fulfilling the Great Commission that Jesus Christ laid out for us.
If you're offended by diversity, we welcome you, but you'll probably feel a little out of place. If you're "unchurched" or simply "churched-out", we want you to know that we have created this place just for you!
The Bible teaches us "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all ONE in Christ Jesus"! (Galatians 3:28)
We believe, therefore that there is no place for discrimination, oppression or any other issue that may be used to categorize us. At SVOP, we make no apologies for welcoming ALL people. The time has come to truly celebrate diversity and for ALL of God's people to take their seat at the table of The Lord - TOGETHER!
•We believe in ONE GOD expressed in three distinct persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Gen 1:26, John 1:1-5, Matt 28:19, II Cor 13:14).
•We believe that God the Father revealed Himself to mankind in the person of JESUS the CHRIST. We also believe that He gave His life for ALL people and lives today as our intercessor (John 3:16).
•We believe that the BIBLE is the inspired written account of God's relationship with man and that it is our guidebook for successful living. (II Tim 3:16). Because we believe that God is a living and progressive God, we also believe that when the Biblical Canon was closed, God continued to speak and is still speaking today.
•We believe in the ordinance of WATER BAPTISM. Although we do not believe that it is essential to salvation, we do believe in its regenerative power in the life of the believer. We believe it to be a very important act of obedience and an outward expression of an inward spiritual rebirth (Gal 3:27).
•We believe in the ordinance of HOLY COMMUNION and that it serves to heal us and remind us of the loving sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that ALL believers who feel compelled to partake should feel welcome at the table of the Lord (I Cor 10:16-17).
•We believe in the power of PRAYER (Matt 21:22, Phil 4:6-7, James 5:13-18).
•We believe in celebrating the presence of the Lord by DANCING in His presence (II Sam 6:16, I Chr 15:29).
•We believe that SPEAKING IN TONGUES is a gift from God and should be used to build us up spiritually (I Cor 14:4-5).
•We believe that we were created to WORSHIP AND GLORIFY God (I Cor 10:31, Rom 11:36).
•We believe that SALVATION is a gift that is made possible through grace, given freely to all and cannot be earned (Eph 2:8-9).
•We believe in the BEAUTY, VALUE AND CREATIVE POWER of each person (Psalms 139:14, Gen 1:26).
•We believe in the power of GIVING (Luke 6:38, Acts 20:35).
•We believe in Soul-Winning by becoming all things to all men (I Cor 9:19-23).
•We believe in the triumphant RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST (1 Thes 4:16-18).
- To be a soul-winning ministry.
- To be a community-active ministry, this entails: feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, clothing ministry, adult literacy, G.E.D. preparation, and teaching job placement skills, and "last chance" programs.
- To be a 100% tithing ministry.
- To be an entrepreneur ministry, which entails: The Sanctuary Village, consisting of apartments for those who need a fresh start, i.e. newly released ex offenders, those involved in "last chance" programs, and other down-trodden people. The village will also have various Sanctuary businesses that will employ the down-trodden.
- To be a ministry that sets the example of true Christ-like gospel, a gospel of loving and caring for people who are most often marginalized.
- To be a culturally aware ministry, whose goal is to respect and appreciate what each culture and nationality has to bring to ministry, understanding that we are truly equal in the sight of Jehovah.
- To remain in active fellowship with those ministries that have a like-minded vision.
- To operate in our specific areas of ministry where Jehovah has so anointed us. Those areas are: Radical Praise & Worship; Ministering and Teaching the Word of God, totally uncompromised; Relationship issues; Men's, Women's and Children's ministries, Workshops and Seminars.
- To be an effective Performance Theater and Dance Ministry.
- To be a ministry where the Gifts of the Holy Spirit operate in everything that we do, having free course in our lives and ministry.
- Worship - because God reveals Himself in Worship.
- Excellence - because God is glorified in Excellence.
- Life - because God sent His only Son so that we might have abundant Life.
- Love - because God is Love.